Peripheral Arterial Disease

Peripheral Arterial Disease: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment

As the body begins to grow older, there are numerous complications, which can impact the arteries. Although it is often associated with coronary artery disease, PAD, or peripheral arterial disease, is somewhat unique and different. While PAD is commonly known to impact the arteries throughout the body, peripheral arterial disease of the legs is most frequently diagnosed. PAD and CAD are very similar in the fact that they both occur due to atherosclerosis narrowing and blocking arteries. PAD is a very serious condition, which can worsen and lead to severe complications, when left untreated. Therefore, you should seek a doctor, when you believe you’re exhibiting the signs and symptoms of the disease.

Basics Facts

While it is possible to suffer pain in upper extremities, most PAD sufferers will face complications, within the lower limbs. Many report experiencing pain, aching and tiredness, when attempting to walk. After periods of rest, the pain will subside, but will return, when the individual moves again. Medical professionals often have a difficult time trying to diagnose the problem, which is sometimes mistaken for other disorders. If the problem goes untreated, it can result in some very dangerous problems, including amputation and gangrene! Sufferers of PAD are at a much higher risk of suffering a stroke or a heart attack.

Increased Risks

Specific lifestyle traits can dramatically increase your risk of developing PAD. Those, who smoke on a daily basis, put themselves in line for developing the disease. Diabetics are also much more likely to contract PAD. By eating a healthy diet and lowing blood pressure and cholesterol, it is possible to lower your chances, but age is still a major factor.

Taking Control of Your Life and Combating PAD

When it comes down to it, you can dramatically lower your risks of PAD and curb the symptoms of the disease, by taking control of your life and improving your lifestyle. Dropping those foods, which are high in fats and salts, can make you healthier, while also lowering your risks of developing PAD. On the other hand, you should definitely make a habit of exercising on a regular basis. With simply changes in your daily habits and small doses of medication, it is possible to manage and control peripheral artery disease.

Complications and Further Treatment

It is possible for peripheral arterial disease of the legs to drastically impact your life. When the condition is left untouched, it can lead to pain and suffering and difficulty while walking around. Sores and ulcers can also develop. If the disease continues to worsen, it will become visible, as your skin color near the problem areas will change. Depending on your specific situation, there are some surgeries, which can help to combat the disease. For instance, if the major abdominal artery is impacted, you may be forced to undergo an aortobifemoral bypass. Other potential procedures include a femoral-tibial bypass and a femoropoliteal bypass, but lifestyle changes and improved overall health is your best bet. Although endarterectomy can help, it is best to avoid complex surgeries and seek natural remedies.

Female Spartan Statue

Many people have Master Chief figures in various sizes, shapes, and colors. But how many people can attest to having a true Ms. Master Chief figure? I have a pink Spartan. I refer to it as a she but in reality, it is Master Chief. A truly phenomenal one of a kind female Spartan statue for sale right now on eBay will never be mistaken for a male. That you can be sure of.

ms. master chief statue

ms. master chief statue

ms. master chief statue

Features (from the eBay page) :

***Female Spartan***

Artist David Johnson

Figure is 8 inch scale 11.5 inches tall to the tip of the sniper rifle, created in polymer clay. ONE OF A KIND!! This is the only one, no molds were used in creation none taken from her. She has a strong armature underneath.

Bid with confidence, I lifetime insure my artwork, regardless of how she was broken I will fix her for life.

I love how feminine and curvy she is. This is an absolutely amazing sculpture. As if owning her wasn’t enough, 10% of the final sale price will support the American Breast Cancer Foundation so you will also rest easy knowing you helped a worthy cause. The current bid is $810 and it closes Oct-04-07 at 18:47:07 PDT. I don’t doubt the price will continue to

I Fight Like a Girl!!

Yes, it’s quite true, I fight like a girl! And so does my son!
We’ve both just signed up for the “Fight Like a Girl” 2nd Annual Halo Tournament for the Fight Against Breast Cancer.

rrll proceeds will go to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Chances are by the time anyone reads this that the list will be filled for players, since Bungie just posted news of it on their website, but if you’re interested you can donate to the cause

Fight like a girl tournament

The wonderful women at Cavegirlforums.com are holding a Halo Tournament for the fight against Breast Cancer. This is the second year they are holding the tournament and there are plenty of people signed up! The tournament is October 20,2007 on Xbox Live. The entry fee is $10 but all proceeds go to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

You can also donate without competing if you wish. Good luck to all those that participate!
Edit: I’ll donate $40 if four people want to play for GamingAngels.com!

The Cavegirls Present: Fight Like a Girl

The lovely and fantastic Don Wan asked me to post this here. I know many of you will be interested. It is basically a for charity, Halo 3 tourney. $10 entry fee and all the money goes to the fight against breast cancer. There is a 2v2 as well as a free-for-all tourney. Entry into both tourneys is $10 each, aka 20 bones.

We all love breasts! Help make sure they don’t get cancer, play some Halo 3, and call people noobies. Or Boobies.

Hexic 2 and Ecco the Dolphin on Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday

Heat Up Your Brain with “Hexic 2″ and Cool Off with “Ecco the Dolphin” this Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday

Whether you’re feeling competitive this summer or just want to take a break and unwind, you can do both this week with the latest additions to Xbox LIVE Arcade: “Hexic 2” and “Ecco the Dolphin.” Both games will be available to download this Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).

Building upon the addictive gameplay of its predecessor, “Hexic HD,” the highly anticipated sequel “Hexic 2” (Carbonated Games) offers new special pieces, challenges, additional formations and an innovative head-to-head battle mode!

For more details on “Hexic 2”, please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/hexic2xboxlivearcade/

Gamers can also travel through time this Wednesday with “Ecco the Dolphin” (SEGA), a fun, whimsical update of the classic undersea exploration game featuring an online leaderboard that tracks “Best Time,” and includes enhanced graphics and sound.

For more details on “Ecco the Dolphin”, please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/eccothedolphinxboxlivearcade/